These Terms of Participation are applicable to the advocacy platform issued by Philips Electronics UK Limited ("Philips”) on this website (the “Platform”). You have to accept these terms of participation in order to be able to establish an account and participate in any of the product campaigns (“Campaigns”).
This page is operated by our service provider Advocacy WOM Ltd (“Advocacy”) is not the seller of the goods or services that this page relates to and acts only as a service provider of Philips. Your contract in order to participate on this Platform is between you and Philips.
1. In order to participate we ask you to create an account, register yourself, and complete a questionnaire provided to you by us. With that account you become a member of our Platform (“Member”). Please note that you are responsible to verify your email address via email, to ensure that you have a valid membership, in order to be eligible for full membership privileges.
2. If you are a Member you can apply for participation in a Campaign on our Platform. Once the application period has been closed, we will select participants for the Campaign on the basis of requirements that have been published per campaign. Selection of participants will be in Philips’ sole discretion. Participants will be notified of their selection by e-mail.
3. For some Campaigns, you need to own a Product. For other Campaigns participants will receive the product for free at the address specified in their account (this is inclusive of us paying for the transportation costs). Whether or not you will get a product for free or not, will be clearly communicated to you per Campaign.
4. Once you have received the product it is for you to test! You will of course receive instructions on how to use the product and you will be asked to come back to the Platform to do missions as part of the Campaign. We ask for your honest opinion.
5. Employees of Philips, its affiliates, or agencies that are involved in the Platform are excluded from participation. We will also only allow one product to be tested per household.
6. Please note you cannot ask for a cash payment for exchange of the product from us. The warranty you receive on this product only extends to you, and no other person.
7. As a condition to participate in any Campaign, you must complete tasks called “missions”. Rewards and prizes awarded in favor of the relevant Member will be delivered to the address specified in their account. Prizes are not transferable to any other person.
8. We reserve the right to communicate with Members from time to time for other reasons as well and for no reward, including system updates; bulletins; administrative announcements; and special requests. Such notices may be sent via email, or regular mail.
9. As a condition of you becoming a Member, you hereby represent and warrant that:
You are at least 16 years of age;
You have a residential address in the home country.
All information supplied is complete, true and accurate and not misleading;
You understand and agree that if your account is terminated due to a breach of these Terms of Participation, you will lose the right to participate in the Platform and any Campaign.
You understand and agree that where Philips and/or Advocacy has a draw for prizes, each draw will be governed by the official terms of that draw as notified in that Campaign.
You must maintain only one account on the Site and understand that a limit of 1 Membership applies to one postal address;
You must inform Philips of any change in your contact details, including email address and postal address. Contact details and preferences must be updated using the facility provided on the Site.
You will not send unsolicited email or any other form of communication, electronic or otherwise (SPAM) to promote the Service;
You will not post material that contains indecent, defamatory, menacing, offensive or unlawful content, or otherwise which may, in Philips and/or Advocacy opinion, bring Philips and/or Advocacy, the Site or the Service into disrepute; and
You will keep your account username and password details secure and will not allow other people to access their account. In the event that you suspect a security breach you will immediately notify Philips.
As a condition of you becoming a Member, you hereby represent and warrant that:
10. Philips and/or Advocacy reserve the right to reject any new Member application from any person with or without cause in its sole discretion. Philips and/or Advocacy reserve the right to terminate a Member's account if the Member provides false or misleading membership information at any time or otherwise is considered to be a breach of these Terms of Participation at any time. Members acknowledge that under no circumstances shall Philips and/or Advocacy be liable for any damages or loss, howsoever occasioned, by its rejection of, or the termination of a Member's account.
11. Failure to complete the product evaluation in accordance with these Terms of Participation may result in a demand for the return of the products. Participants who fail to return products on demand will be required to purchase the product at an amount equivalent to the then applicable sales prices at set at the Philips online shop.
12. Philips shall not be liable for any delay or failure to perform due to any event beyond its control.
13. Philips will use the personal data in accordance with the privacy notice provided to you separately.
Submitting content and giving feedback
1. The most important condition for you to participate in this Platform and any Campaign is your honesty. As part of this Platform you are requested to write a review about the Philips product you have tested. We ask you to provide us with an honest and fair assessment. Philips will not change or alter your review. Also we request you to disclose in the review that you participate in the Platform.
2. You agree and warrant that you shall not submit any content:
that is known by you to be false, inaccurate or misleading;
that infringes any third party's copyright, patent, trademark, trade secret or other proprietary rights or rights of publicity or privacy;
that violates any law, statute, ordinance or regulation (including, but not limited to, those governing export control, consumer protection, unfair competition, anti-discrimination or false advertising);
that is, or may reasonably be considered to be, defamatory, libelous, hateful, racially or religiously biased or offensive, unlawfully threatening or unlawfully harassing to any individual, partnership or corporation;
for which you were compensated or granted any consideration by any third party;
that includes any information that references other websites, addresses, email addresses, contact information or phone numbers;
that contains any computer viruses, worms or other potentially damaging computer programmes or files.
3. For any content that you submit, you grant Philips a perpetual, irrevocable, royalty-free, transferable right and license to use, copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and/or distribute such content and/or incorporate such content into any form, medium or technology throughout the world without compensation to you.
4. All content that you submit may be used at Philips' sole discretion and Philips reserves the right to change, condense or delete any content on Philips' website.
5. None of the content that you submit shall be subject to any obligation of confidence on the part of Philips, its agents, subsidiaries, affiliates, partners or third-party service providers and their respective directors, officers and employees.
Third Party Sites
2. You access those third-party sites and use their products and services solely at your own risk. We do not represent that the content or services available from third party sites are appropriate or available for use in your home country. If you access other content or services from third party sites, we are not responsible for your compliance with local laws or other applicable laws.
Limitation of liability
1. The material on the Site is provided on an "As Is" and "As Available" basis without express or implied warranty and you agree that use of the Site and links is at your sole risk. All information is subject to change without notice.
2. To the extent permitted by law, Philips and its related corporations and their respective directors, employees, officers, agents and contractors exclude all liability whether in contract or tort (including liability for negligence) for any loss or damage (including without limitation, direct, indirect, special or consequential loss or damage) or otherwise arising from the use or reliance on any content or products and services available on or using the Site whether or not this is caused by a negligent act or omission. If we are prohibited at law from excluding our liability, we limit our liability to the extent permitted by law to resupplying the material or the relevant service.
Trademarks and Copyright
1. We may stop this Platform with or without notice.
2. We may immediately suspend, terminate or limit your access to the Platform if: you are in breach of the Terms of Participation or there is an emergency or for operational or regulatory reasons or for whatever reason we deem fit.
3. Members may terminate their account membership at any time by using the facility provided on the Platform. If a Member's email address becomes invalid or unusable we will suspend that Member's account for a period of 30 days from the time we become aware of the problem. During the period of suspension, the Member will be able to access their account to update the Member's email address. Other than a notification on the Platform, we will not be responsible for notifying Members that their account has been suspended. We reserve the right to terminate a Membership without notice or cause, at our sole discretion or for any reason, including if:
the member's account has been suspended for more than 30 days;
the member has failed to log in to the Platform for a period of more than 12 continuous months;
the member has breached these Terms of Participation; or
we believe that any conduct by a Member is deemed to be detrimental to the business interests or reputation of Philips and/or Advocacy.
Viruses, Hacking and Other Offences
Members must not misuse the Platform by knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material, which is malicious or technologically harmful. Members must not attempt to gain unauthorized access to the Site, the server on which the Site is stored or any server, computer or database connected to the Site. Members must not attack the Site via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack. If a Member engages in such conduct, their right to use the Site will cease immediately. Members will report any such conduct to the relevant law enforcement authorities and Members hereby agree to co-operate with those authorities by disclosing their identity to them and providing all reasonable assistance in relation to the inquiries of such authorities. Philips and/or Advocacy will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by a distributed denial-of-service attack, viruses or other technologically harmful material that may infect Member's computer equipment, computer programmes, data or other proprietary material due to use of the Site or to a Member downloading of any material posted on it, or on any website linked to the Site.
1. We may communicate with you via email, or an SMS, or both, to an email address or a mobile phone number nominated by you. When we do this, the following will apply:
You are responsible for ensuring that your contact details for the online service/s are current, your email service or mobile phone account is operational and that you check your emails or mobile phone regularly for messages and
You must notify us as soon as possible of any changes to your contact details for the online services using the online method provided by us.
2. Despite paragraph 1 above, if we give you notice we will post the content of the notice to the Platform.
3. From time to time, we may choose to also give you notice by another method. If we give you such additional notice, you should not presume that we will do this every time.